Things That Really Annoy Me #2

I was up and down like a bride's nightie yesterday. Two new pizza menus, one from the Chinese, the Thompson Local, a parcel for next door then double glazing.

Double glazing salesmen, who do they think they are? As I work from home I assume that our house is the only one with a car on the drive at 10 o'clock in the morning, so they target our house.

"Hello Sir, I'm from Pastic Wondows, the local experts in double glazing. We were just in your area and wondered if you'd considered how much money you could save, blah, blah, blah."

Well they can't be that much of an expert if they haven't spotted that we've already got double glazing can they?

The people that fitted that were a hoot. We took the extended credit option then cancelled the direct debit after five months. When they rang up to ask what was going on, I told them that the salesman had said it paid for itself after six months.

Honest, it's true.