Nogger retrieves arse from Burtons window

Well my oh my. I've been bearish for a while as you may have noticed, but even I am shocked by the ferocity of this downwards movement.

The speculators, remember them, the ones who weren't in any way responsible for sending this market soaring are scrambling for the exit door.

There was a report earlier in the week that we in the UK were carrying a lot of old-crop grain into new crop, around 3mmt rings a bell, but I stand to be corrected. The big question has to be WHY?

Clearly being offered £200/tonne ex farm for your wheat simply wasn't enough for some.

Well, I'd like to say I've got some sympathy for them but frankly I haven't.

Ditto the flour millers, who suddenly appear to be crawling out of the woodwork as sellers when they've been standing away from it for so long. What a missed opportunity that was!

And don't even get me started on the crushers!

Hurry up I'm touching cloth here

EU grain farmers & flour millers enjoying a day out standing away from the market recently.