Grain Market Snippets - I Wish The USDA Was My Girlfriend

My sources tell me that the Russian grain crop is getting bigger, not smaller as the chumps at the USDA forecast last week. Reports of widespread drought damage in the Urals (Mrs Nogger#1 had widespread damage in the Urals, but that's another story), have been deliberately over estimated by local government in an attempt to con extra compensation out of Moscow. Fancy that, a Russian being economical with the truth. Nogger's crystal ball tells him that local forecasters will increase their production estimates this week.

Oooooooooooooohhhh....

The voices circulating inside my head are also telling me that it's strange that China, who you will recall were suffering from the worst drought in more than fifty years back in February, should eventually pull off a larger wheat crop than last year. Back then Dow Jones published a a news report that said Chinese wheat production would be down 10% this year "in a best case scenario" going on to say that irrigation can only help 60-70% of the crop. Now, miraculously, production this season will come in 2 MMT higher than last year at 114.5 MMT, say the gullible USDA, who appear to have swallowed it hook line & sinker. I wish the USDA was my girlfriend. The Chinese telling porkies, whoever would have dreamt up such an absurd suggestion.

Ooooooooooooohhhh....

Get your woolly gloves and hats out, Jacky Jack Frost is set to put in his third appearance in a week on the Canadian Prairies Monday, according to QT Weather. It won't quite make it into the northern US Plains though, temperatures here will get down to the mid to low 40's, they say. It felt like a frost wasn't too far away for bloody North Yorkshire yesterday either. What happened to the long hot BBQ summer then? I'm forecasting four foot of snow for the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of this month.

Oooooooooooohhhh....

My spirit guide has exclusively revealed to me the menu for next year's GAFTA Dinner, how spooky is that? And categorical proof, should anybody out there doubt it, that I am in direct contact with voices from beyond the grave. Next year's menu will include, flatbreads, rosti potatoes and crepes. Anything that can be slid under a door easily basically.

Oooooooooooohhhh....the voices are fading....what's that, Everton will win the Premiership, despite an unlucky against the run of play defeat on the opening day of the season? I think we must have a crossed line with the spirit world, I'm going to hang up now.